Exhibition of work celebrating Bath’s RUH heroes
From July – December 2020
An exciting new exhibition in Abbey Hotel’s ArtBar is to be unveiled to celebrate the incredible work of the NHS staff at the RUH at a time when absolutely everyone has a heightened awareness of the remarkable work and sacrifice they all make on a daily basis to keep us all healthy.
All work on display will be for sale with 40% of all sales donated straight to the RUH’s Forever Friends Appeal and the remaining 60% will go to the artist.
Not only is this exhibition an opportunity to raise money for the RUH but an opportunity for us, as a community and a city, to show our appreciation for all the sacrifices the NHS staff are making and will continue to make in the months ahead.
The exhibition includes work by Royal Photographer Joe Short and Bath’s ever popular artist ‘Pete the Street’.
Rhyannon Boyd, Head of Fundraising for the Forever Friends Appeal comments: “We have all been through such tough times recently, so it is wonderful to see our local community getting back on their feet and working through these new ways of living. This art exhibition is such a thoughtful way of acknowledging the remarkable work of the RUH staff over the past months. As we all know, the hospitality industry has been hit hard throughout this crisis, we are therefore so thankful to the Abbey Hotel for generously choosing to donate its share of the profits from the exhibition to the hospital.”
Josh Watts, General Manager of the Abbey Hotel comments: “We’re thrilled to be able to re-launch our art exhibition series with such an important and highly relevant exhibition. Offering support to the local community has always been a priority to us but now, more than ever our commitment to local causes is unwavering. For this reason, the hotel will be donating 100% of it’s share of the proceeds from this exhibition to the Forever Friends Appeal at the RUH.
Emma Taylor, The Hotel’s Artist in Residence comments: “We’re delighted to be able to show our appreciation to the staff at the RUH and at the same time to be able to support the local Bath art community during these unsettling times.
The Exhibition will adorn the walls of the ArtBar from re-opening, right through to the autumn so there will be plenty of opportunity to drop by, grab a coffee or drink from the bar and explore all of the incredible artistry on display.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.