SOUS CHEF - DISCOVER NEW OPPORTUNITIES
As Sous Chef, you will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day kitchen operation ensuring that food is produced and served to the highest quality.
Alongside your culinary duties, you will be responsible for supporting the wider kitchen team with daily operational tasks and people management tasks. Reporting directly to the Head Chef, you will oversee the presentation of all food leaving the kitchen in their absence and uphold expectations, reputation and standards.
Our ideal candidate
We want to hear from inspired chefs who love creating amazing food from the best ingredients, have a keen eye for detail and high standards but with bags of flair and creativity. The ideal person for this role will be enthusiastic about change, focused on details and trusting.
If you are passionate & looking to develop within a truly talented team, get in touch with us today!
Responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
- Assist the Head Chef in food purchases while controlling costs
- Prepare, cook and present dishes within your speciality.
- Support, mentor and train any talented junior chefs in the brigade
- Ensure you and your team have the highest standards of cleanliness, food hygiene and health and safety.
You’ll work in a busy and hardworking team environment, where you’ll continually learn and develop.
The core skills and experience required to succeed
- Truly passionate about the Hospitality Industry
- Previous experience in working in highly acclaimed venues which have a reputation for great service
- Commercial business acumen
- Previous knowledge and experience in stock takes, ordering, and team management
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and targets
- Understanding of the hospitality and travel industry
- Ability to function independently with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- To be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach and have experience in empowering a team to successfully meet expectations
- Results focussed with an overwhelming desire to succeed
- Previous experience in hotels is preferred
- You must have the right to work in the UK to be eligible for this role. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from all candidates.
Having these core skills will put you one step further toward joining Axiom Hospitality and the Abbey Hotel, Bath!
What we offer
- £30,000 per annum
- Permanent, full-time contract (40hrs per week)
- Worldwide employee discounts at Marriott Hotels
- F&B discounts and £45 rooms at all Axiom Hospitality Hotels (yes, this includes our 4 and 5 star hotels in London!)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing yearly to a maximum of 33 days
- Discounts across retail, restaurants, events and more, through our Hapi Hub benefits portal
- Access to our Employee Assistance Line to support your Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Yearly complimentary Axiom Xcape stayover after one year of service
- Growing team with great training, progression, and promotion opportunity
- Rewards for referring a friend: referral bonus for recommending a new team member starts at £250 per successful hire
- Free meals on duty
- Length of service awards, ranging from 1 year to 3, 5, 10 and 20-year rewards and more!
Opportunities for all
At Axiom Hospitality we thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a fast-growing hospitality company with global aspirations. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We, therefore, encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages, and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
We offer our people a world of opportunity. At Axiom Hospitality, we drive the performance of hotels in prime locations to deliver value to our investors and owners. With our serious growth plans comes serious opportunity, and there will always be new opportunities for you to grow and challenge yourself.
To apply, simply email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with - 'Sous Chef' as the subject line.